Box 7: Parts of government with information policy remits
- The Office of Public Sector Information (OPSI) advises on and regulates the operation of public
sector information re-use, including the management of Crown copyright.
- The Advisory Panel on Public Sector Information (APPSI) advises ministers on information policy
issues that will encourage and create opportunities for greater re-use of
public sector information.
- The Ministry of Justice is responsible for the 'digital dialogue', which is examining how central
government can strengthen consultation and interaction with citizens using
- The Department of Transport is responsible for the Science and Innovation Ministerial
Committee's Data Grand Challenge on realising the benefits of (particularly real-time) data within
and outside government.
- The Better Regulation Executive is looking at information as a regulatory tool, including focus-
group work and a series of case studies.
- The Government Communications Group is analysing the government's digital and social media
- The e-Government Unit is responsible more generally for ensuring that IT supports the business
transformation of government itself, so that government can provide better, more efficient public
Email this to a friend.
Previous item —